Saturday, November 10, 2012

Days Have Passed

It has been some time since I have posted anything, unfortunately for me these past few weeks have not been good. I have been feeling sad and lost, realizing that 2 months has passed now and that I will never talk to Kyra again. Alot has happened:

First, we went to a Mixtape Event, this event is held quarterly and is a benefit for one lucky person each time the money that is raised is given to this lucky person to help them with the necessary surgeries to complete their transition. Surgery that is sometimes out of a person's reach without working themselves to the born. My beautiful daughter Divinity was there to perform and she reminds me so much of Kyra it's scary! You can so see where she learned her beauty secrets from!
It was also a chance to hang out with some new friends and some old. We had such a good night, Thank you Blitz!
Second, I did my taping for ABC 6 Crime Stoppers this past Thursday. As soon as I know the date it will air I will put that on here, me I DVR things like this.

Third, today I went to the place where Kyra was killed. It was such a sad day, to see where she died was so surreal. The area is so confusing, when we arrived we were surprised to see the Cancer Center of Philadelphia, a golf course, the Kmart, the WAWA, and some brand new homes. Who would think this is an area where violence runs rampant? All I could think is I've seen worse parts of the city. When we went to the spot I could understand why she would have been walking and probably feeling like she was ok, there's nothing there, literally. Trees on one side, a bus depot and garage on the other side, nothing that looks particularly scary or concerning.
We had the help of the 15th Precinct police and they were WONDERFUL! They wouldn't even let us buy them coffee and donuts (no pun intended).
We flyered the area so the people in this neighborhood would be forced to see her! Forced to see that she was loved by many! Forced to see that her death has affected the lives of many and that she had a family! Forced to see that by being quite they are condenming themselves and their loved ones to living in fear of the killer that is exsisting in their neighborhood! How can you sleep knowing that someone like that lives where you and your children sleep? I have to wonder.
We left Kyra a memorial at the spot where she was found and big enough for all who pass to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment