Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day of Remembrance

Yesterday was Trans Day of Remembrance and Kyra was honored by being part of a proclamation written by Mayor Nutter. It was truly an honor to accept the proclamation o n her behalf! The event was held at the William Way Center and again was a wonderful night.

Honored as well were Niziah Morris who was murdered 10 years and Stacey Blahnik who was murdered 2 years ago, both cases remain unsolved. In this day an age how is possible that these cases remain unsolved?

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and while I am not overjoyed by the coming holiday, I am very thankful for all love and support I have received from so many. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to have had my daughter for as long as I did. I am thankful to still have my mother, sister, nephews, and some very good friends.

I will be going to the William Way Center and The Niziah Morris Home tomorrow for my holiday, giving back to those who have given me so much during this time.

Wishing all a fantastic holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment